ADHD Testing and Psychological Evaluations
I offer psychological testing to children and adolescents who are age 6 to 21. Some of the testing that I offer will help to determine if your child has:
* Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
* Generalized Anxiety Disorder
* Depression or Mood Disorder
* Asperger's Disorder/Autism Spectrum Disorder
* Oppositional Defiant Disorder
* Dyslexia/Reading Disorder
* Learning Variations
* Disorder of Written Expression
My evaluations will offer detailed recommendations for what might help your child and teen to thrive at home and school. These recommendations will provide guidance for parents, your child's doctor, and their school.
Many of my evaluations are used by physicans in determining whether medication is appropriate for their patient. Schools and universities also use my evaluations to determine the best accommodations for students. The College Board can review psychological evaluations to determine eligibility for testing accommodations for the SAT.
In therapy, I am a cognitive behavioral therapist. I believe in teaching coping skills that children and adolescents may have not learned in trying to overcome life's struggles. I like to ensure that children also have appropriate communication and social skills so that they can better relate to their family, teachers, and friends. Helping to combat negative thinking is also a focus of therapy in older children and teens.
An essential part of psychotherapy with school-aged children is parent consultation. After I get to know your child or teen, I will often meet with parents. The purpose of these meetings is to:
1) to refine treatment goals
2) estimate the length/frequency of treatment
3) discuss other possible interventions that may be necessary.
4) educate you more about your child's diagnosis
5) give ideas on how to best help your child